Passion Of The Force
Please Login To Experience the full site!

75 ABY - Where the war between the Jedi, Sith and Shadow Knights rages.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Jarik Sol Chronicles

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The Jarik Sol Chronicles   Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:30 pm

[size=150]Part I: Birth of a Legend[/size]

---Deep within the confines of space lie the Kamino Sector, a vacuum, void of life and cold, and like the rest of space, speckled with dots of life, planets. A vast number of planets exist in the known galaxy, some inhabited whether by sentient creatures or not, some not inhabited at all. Kamino, is a unique planet, like no other. Entirely covered with water, the beings that live there had raised their cities onto platforms to resist the water. Here they developed intricate and ingenious methods of genetic manipulation, which led to the art of cloning. It is here that we begin our story.

-8.15.36 ABY

--Kamino: Tipoca City

---The sun rose and fell, but the natives rarely saw it. The planet overrun by storms and clouds, the cities being built with to withstand those very storms, allowed little of the outside world to enter into the populated areas. This morning was like the rest. The sun rose, but did not penetrate into the vast metal city known as Tipoca City. At exactly 05:00 GST [Galactic Standardized Time], the lights in Kai So’s chamber turned on. The Administrative Executive to Kamino’s current Prime Minister, Koa Ne, Kai was up early to begin her day.

Her first task was to check up on inter-galactic news, honing in on the topics which involved Kamino and its interests. The first few data-chips contained information from the Galactic Alliance, which she briefly glanced at before sending them to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, where it would be analyzed in greater depth, then sent to the Prime Minister with notes and suggestions. The next tidbit of information was intriguing. It involved her predecessor, Taun We, and her pet project, the Clones. The unaltered son of Jango Fett, named Boba Fett, was searching for the Clone Project's Overseer, looking for a cure. Kai So knew that Boba would eventually end up here, at Kamino, looking for Taun, but also knew that the information he was seeking was lost.

Kai So, like Taun We, was fascinated by alien species, and had used the resources made available to her by her current position to research all that she could. In her adventures through data-cards, she had referenced the Mandalorians. A great warrior race, held to an honor code, had one weakness. All Mando's looked for one thing in life, a son to raise in the Way of the Mandalorians. Boba Fett was no different, and he had no such package. Realizing the only way to make peace with the new Mandalore when he eventually made his way to Kamino, Kai So set the wheels into motion that would forever change the galaxy.

© 2009
The Jarik Sol Chronicles is copyrighted material. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, or editing of this material without the express permission of the author is strictly prohibited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Jarik Sol Chronicles   Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:31 pm

--Kamino: Tipoca City: The Cloning Chambers

---Beginning with the fall of the Galactic Empire, and the rise of the New Republic, the cloning chambers of Kamino had been decommissioned. The drastic shock that the Clone Wars had given to the galaxy had forced the New Republic to ban the almost perfect source of soldiers. Unbeknownst to any foreign official or government, the Kaminoans had not complied to the exact letter of the law, keeping its most secret and advanced cloning chambers safe from the destruction, along with the DNA data of both the Prime Clone and the different classes of soldiers themselves. It was here that Kai So had journeyed to after conferring with the Prime Minister over the Fett issue. Kai had argued that the Kaminoans owed it to Boba for creating the havoc that now ruined his life. After an hour of conference, they had come to an agreement. Another unaltered clone would be created. It was assumed that he would inherit Boba’s own maladies, as the genetic material had not been touched in years. Little was it known that before Ko Sai had left with her research, that the Genetic code had been manipulated, removing maladies from the Prime Clone’s DNA, along with a few improvements.

And so, at exact midday of the 22nd day of the 8th month of the 36th year since the destruction of the first Death Star, Jarik was created.

© 2009
The Jarik Sol Chronicles is copyrighted material. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, or editing of this material without the express permission of the author is strictly prohibited.
Back to top Go down

---Almost six years had passed since the creation of the Prime Clone’s second heir. He, like the Clone Army, was trained from the day he could walk in the art of warfare. But unlike the Clones, he aged at a normal rate, absorbing the same information at a younger and younger age than his predecessors.

-42 ABY

---"Master Jarik, you may now begin the test. You have exactly 30 minutes." Said the B3-Professor Droid. Faintly humanoid in shape, it’s bulbous head contained far more processors and memory banks than your normal Protocol Droid. The Kaminoans had designed this particular droid to replace their extensive Learning Centers that had been used during the clone production.

Jarik looked down at the data pad that had been placed before him. The first few questions were about star ship designs, and he quickly answered them. The next, were harder, concerning ground combat decisions:

If you were faced with twenty adversaries, each carrying a vibro-blade and DC-17 Blaster pistol, while you had ten men also armed with DC-17 blasters, what would your first move be?

Recon the situation. Then try and get an arc of men around the enemy. Once the opportune moment arrives, open fire.

Your first move was correct. Your additional information will be noted.

This went on for two hours, through which Jarik answered each and every question with more than enough detail, proving, that even at this young age, he was a brilliant soldier. Jarik pushed back on the chair, and turned it to the right. Sliding out of it, as soon as his feet touched the polished floor, he was march-walking to his own private chambers.

--Kamino: Elsewhere

---The winds howled around the landing platform, as the Firespray Patrol Craft landed. The dilapidated looking craft had an air of use and pride around it. Old, but well maintained and modified, it was a craft that fitted its pilot perfectly. The salty spray of the ocean whipped through the air, moistening the craft, and hissing off into steam as it came in contact with the hot hull, heated by the friction of passing through the atmosphere.

The hiss of the steam hung in the air, the vapor floating off of the hull, creating a fog around the ship. The ramp slowly fell open, connecting with the metal ground with a subtle clang before stopping. At the head of the ramp, a figure hung back in the shadows of his ship. Armored from head to toe, it gazed out into the darkness of the landing area, searching for something, almost steeling itself to move. Then it began, one metal-clad foot after the other, slowly, methodically down the ramp.

© 2009
The Jarik Sol Chronicles are copyrighted materials. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, or editing of this material without the explicit consent of the author is strictly prohibited.
Back to top Go down

-42 ABY

Boba Fett stepped down onto the landing platform, his helmeted gaze shifting around, picking out familiar scenes from his childhood. This is where that Jedi, Obi Wan Kenobi, had fought his father, and lost. That day had been burned into Boba's mind, as he watched and helped his father defeat one of the most legendary warriors in the known and unknown galaxy. Boba shook his head, clearing the memory; he did not need his remorse at losing his father bubbling up now. He had never quite gotten over that eventful day on Geonosis, where the darker Jedi, Windu, had decapitated Jango; whose very sons were on the very ships that would save the Jedi, but merely suppressed it.
Keeping a hand near his holstered, yet easily accessed blaster, he made his way to the blast doors that connected this dreary world to the one of his birth. He had barely made it to the doors when they slowly drew open, revealing Kai So his solitary greeter.

“Welcome, Master Fett, to Tipoca City. I trust you remember the place of your birth?” Kai spoke in the monotonous, business-like tone that most Kaminoans used.

Boba merely nodded his head and entered the metal city. He quickly set the pace and direction as he walked from memory through the passages of Tipoca. “I trust that you know why I am here.”

“Yes, Master Fett, I do indeed. You will find out our response in a minute.” Kai replied, waving her hand over the security panel that would unlock the door they had come to. Upon recognizing her, the doors whizzed open, only to be met by another set of doors. Entering the airlock, they were scanned and sprayed for bacteria and other such things that would contaminate the cloning chambers. “Welcome back, Master Fett, to your beginnings.” She said as the vast chambers appeared below them. Emptier than when Boba had been created, only a few cloning tanks were operational, and even those the rest of the galaxy knew nothing about.

“We were unable to directly treat the source of your ailment. Your DNA was too mutilated from your exposure in the Sarlaac from the Prime Source to be of any help. But that, in the end, did not matter. Ko Sai, the head of the Fett Clone Project, took all of her work with her when she left us, leaving us with only what we thought were the original codes.” Kai stated in her droning voice. “I understand that is not the answer you wished to hear, but it is the truth. But let me continue before you leave us, I may have good news for you.” She quickly added as Boba turned to leave. “I have always been fascinated by the many cultures of the galaxy, and my most recent study has been that of your own Mandalorians. In my ventures, I believe that I have discovered perhaps a satisfying resolution.” She then paused and took out a commlink and clicked it twice.

A door silently opened behind Boba, and in marched a smaller figure, dressed in a miniaturized version of the Katarn Elite Clone Commando Armor. Jarik Sol marched perfectly, his weapon held at just the right angle, the white armor gleaming in the surgical lighting of the chamber. The boots of the armor made flawless ker-klunk’s on the polished floor.

Boba Fett did not turn, but rather watched the scene unfold on his HUD, using the holo-cam in his helmet to view the image. The image of the armor filled him with pride, as he remembered seeing the Clones in action, both here in their training and parades, as well as on Kamino all those years ago when he led them against the rebellion here. The Kaminoans had either forgotten or forgiven his actions on that operation, or they were about to repay him now. His hand inched closer to his blaster, ready to grab it and fire at whatever target presented itself first.

Jarik came to a halt before Kai So, and then turned to look between Kai and Boba. Without a command, his rifle fell, and his right hand leaped to his brow, saluting the Mandalore his brother. Boba, by subconscious ingrained protocols from his youth, returned the salute and then broke it, watching the mini-soldiers hand return to holding the blaster across his chest.

“May I present Jarik Sol. Your son.” Kai So said, breaking the silence.

This caught Boba off-guard. ‘Son?’ he thought.

“Yes, son.” Said Kai as if reading his mind. “In my readings, I came across the Mandalorian fascination with children. Mandalorian marriages are mainly oaths to make warriors, to raise a son or daughter in the way of the Mandalorians. It is also another version of immortality. You will survive in Jarik, even if you physically die.
“At first he was intended to be a perfect clone of your father, just as you are. But after his creation, I began delving into the genetic codes. It turns out So Kai had left three versions of The Prime Source. One of Jango’s untouched DNA, another for the Clones, and then the one Jarik represents. The last version had removed the growth-acceleration from the clones, enhanced his intelligence, reactions, strength, but also retained the independence of Jango. There were a few sequences that we have been unable to identify, as we have never seen them before, but they are not believed to be harmful. Is this a suitable replacement?”

Boba once more felt pride and emotion swelling up inside of him. It was no longer pride for the clones he had seen, but that this was his son that had performed perfectly, like an elite soldier, as well as the emotion of just being a father again. “It will do.” He replied brusquely, trying to hide his emotions. Boba knelt down in front of his son, and moved his hands to remove the helmet. A replica of his own face of his youth gazed into the T-Visor of his own armor. He then removed his own helmet, staring face-to-face with his new son. Boba smiled, then hugged the young sodier. “I hope you haven’t ruined him.” He said to Kai.

“I daresay we haven’t. He’s learning at a level that we only saw from Clones that were 6 years old, but physically and mentally twice that. He is the brightest we have ever seen.” Kai replied with pride in her own voice. “I believe silence is a worthy thank you, Master Fett. Others would not take kindly to my work here. Still many remember the power and force of the Grand Army of the Republic, with its Clones, and they fear repetition.”

“You have my word.” Was Boba’s reply. “Are his things packed?”

“You will find them ready to be loaded into your ship when you arrive at the landing platform. We have included his B3-Professor droid that has taught him, along with a few other amenities we see as necessary and proper. Many of us here have grown attached to him, and if he ever needs a safe place to stay or requires something to further his training and knowledge, I am sure he can find it here.” Here Jarik smiled, fondly remembering the Kaminoans he had met over his six years of existence.

Boba Fett stood, and replaced his helmet onto his head. He motioned for Jarik to follow suit, and then, nodding at Kai, began to walked out of the chamber. Stopping, he turned and for the first time in perhaps many years, allowed emotion to enter his voice. “Thank you. I am at your debt.” And then quickly left.

Jarik’s belongings were quickly gathered into the Firespray’s cargo area, and the two Son’s of Jango gathered in the cock-pit, Boba as pilot Jarik as co-pilot. Having removed their armor, they sat in jumpsuits, readying the ship for take off. Boba was amazed by Jarik’s grasp of the Firespray, even on his first time in one. As the ship began to lift off, he heard something that brought back memories from long ago in this exact spot.

“Can I drive?” Jarik asked, immediately bringing to Boba’s mind his plea to his own father, same spot and same words.

“Perhaps when we exit hyperspace and are heading to Mandalore.”

“We are going to Mandalore? Cooool…” Jarik commented, no longer the perfect soldier, but a son and a young boy, curious and excited. Boba smiled and pulled back on the lever that plunged the ship into Hyperspace for the journey home.

© 2009
The Jarik Sol Chronicles are copyrighted materials. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, or editing of this material without the explicit consent of the author is strictly prohibited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jarik Sol Chronicles   

Back to top Go down

The Jarik Sol Chronicles
Page 1 of 1