Passion Of The Force
Please Login To Experience the full site!
Passion Of The Force
Please Login To Experience the full site!
Passion Of The Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

75 ABY - Where the war between the Jedi, Sith and Shadow Knights rages.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Experimental sigs

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Experimental sigs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Yes, and I believe I said something like this: Rolling Eyes
Darth Mortis wrote:
Don’t you dare to hijack my thread! Mad

Anyway, back to Warshak. I tried several different techniques on that image and, alas, to no avail. I can still use this image to create a signature if you wish though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:05 pm

That will be fine then, I can just say its a combination of mud and blood splatter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Alright then, I'll post the image here when it is done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:29 pm

As promised, here's the sig. I really like how the background turned out, however the text presents more of a problem. The text you wanted to place is way too long, and this is really the only way I could place it on the image.

Experimental sigs - Page 6 Wookiee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:12 pm

Tanks Mortis, I love how it turned out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:24 am

Another excellent Sig Mortis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:54 am

It's not the best I've made, but thanks anyway, Blaze Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Think you could do something with a similar background with a Slave I pic in the background and Jango fett on one side?

Like this:

Experimental sigs - Page 6 Mereelcopy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Sure, I can come up with something. Though I tend to create backgrounds that are somewhat more abstract.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Abstract works with me, not picky bout that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:08 am

Sorry it took so long to begin working on this Rolling Eyes

Experimental sigs - Page 6 Nighthawk

So, the routine is: do you want anything changed (and what exactly if you do), what text should I add and what font should be used?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Ugh, I didn't even notice that post and i'm sorry for not repying sooner.

If you could make the ship a bit smaller so I can fit in some more text, that'd be great. Now I know that background is great, ergh, I hesitate to ask, but a darker green as a color maybe? /cringe

No need to do so if it looks worse, just a thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:06 pm

It is possible, however I would advise against this. Why? Just look:

Experimental sigs - Page 6 Nighthawk2

As you can clearly see both renders (pictures of Jango and Slave-I) look out of place if we use this colour. Personally I would go with the first variant (scaling the ship down is a matter of minute if not less), but it will be your signature so the final decision is yours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:07 am

Alright i'm being nitpicky now and that sucks, but just shrink the ship to the size of an ant and all will be good. The green version I kiiiiindaaaa like, except for the brown blob of crap hovering around Jango, but in the final say I think I might just have to go with the first version. Thanks :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:44 am

I can try to remove that 'blob of crap' if you really need a green signature Laughing What I meant is: if you look at Jango you will see that parts of his armor are highlighted. If we use the orange background, an appearance of fire around him is created, therefore these highlights fit perfectly. The same effect cannot be achieved with green colour however.

But I've rattle for too long. Just tell me your final decision concerning the background and specify just how small you want the ship to be. Maybe take the image and draw simple borders to show me where do you want it positioned, it's size, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:56 am

Mortis, could you make me a signature?

Using my character image and this background:
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQumFvxleSEBaG8CQgtEbE954QvvxlfFgSErPAhVj6oCoPJ7AAx

If the that picture is too small, try this link; you only need to scroll down a little to find the same picture.
http://www.graphicmania.net/most-wanted-photohop-effects-tutorials/

With my name, "Darth Hellion", in the "28 Days Later" font in black: http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/top-100-fonts.htm

Thanks much. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:41 pm

I can make you a signature, however you should bear in mind that:

1) I am unable to tell you how long it will take since I am rather busy IRL at the moment.

2) I will need a bigger image featuring your character (it's height must be at least 600pt)

3) Combining green and red is not particularly wise. Therefore your background doesn't fit. Of course I could slap the render of your character onto it, but there's a 100% chance the result will not look good.

4) The last link contains a malware. So I will need another source from where the font can be download. It might also be a good idea to check your computer just in case the little bastard slipped through your anti-virus\firewall\whatever protection your computer has.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:21 pm

Wow... Okay. Thanks for the heads up, but go ahead and disregard my request. I'd rather not burden you with anything right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 am

You are not burdening me, but I do not know when I will have enough free time (and inspiration) to make a signature. Maybe it will take a couple of days, maybe a couple of weeks, there's no telling right now. So if it's not a problem with you, just find a bigger image of your character and I will deal with your request as soon as I have time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:58 pm

This is the largest image I have and since he is green in this picture, go ahead and keep the previous mentioned background.

Try this site for the font: http://www.dafont.com/28-days-later.font
"0042", is a a bio-hazard insignia. Could you add that somewhere?

Experimental sigs - Page 6 Hellio12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:01 pm

Personally I think it's better to create a more 'personalized' background for each signature, but since you wanted that one, here you go.

Experimental sigs - Page 6 Hellion

Is there anything that should be changed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Not at all. I think it looks awesome.

Last edited by Darth Hellion on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:59 am

I think he means something unique and not original.

I hope you don't mind (both of you) but I took the liberty of copying that sig and changing the colour of the guy to match the bio description (dark red skin, black eyes) since I'm experimenting with a new technique for skin tone and that sort of thing I figured I'd give it a shot and test it out.

Here's the end product I think you'll find the end product expands upon the original in a good way:

Experimental sigs - Page 6 Hellion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 3:10 am

You know, it's cool that you did that, but, like Mortis said earlier, red doesn't go well with green. Just looks weird.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 3:15 am

Hey, Lucifer, could you maybe do the same thing, but instead, for my avatar? Perhaps a darker red, though. I couldn't edit the colors very well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experimental sigs   Experimental sigs - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Experimental sigs
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next